Union Public Service Commission have published a recruitment notification for the below mentioned posts which comes under the Civil Services category (IAS, IPS, IFS & 24 others) for the year 2012, the preliminary examination for the civil services examination will be held on May 20, 2012 in accordance to the rules that are levied by Department of Personnel & Training in the Gazette of India Extraordinary which is last published on 4th February, 2012.
Available Positions For UPSC 2012
- Indian Administrative Service.
- Indian Foreign Service.
- Indian Police Service.
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr. III).
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”.
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
Approximately 1037 vacant posts are going to filled up based on the results of the examination and it is to be noted that there is a chance of changes in number of vacancies.
All available posts will be filled up based on the reservations as fixed by the Government for Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC) and Physically Disabled Categories (PH) and others, at the bottom of the advertorial “Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.” is published to encourage the women applicants.
Eligibility To Appear For UPSC 2012
The candidates who want to appear for UPSC 2012 should hold a valid and recognized degree of any stream that is approved in India (refer advertisement for more details and applicable exclusions).
How To Apply For UPSC Civil Services Examination 2012?
Candidates are required to apply through the UPSC Website. (Check the notification attachment for detailed instructions).
Important Dates For UPSC Civil Services Examination 2012
Last Date For Receipt Of Applications is March 5, 2012 11:59 PM, there after the link for filling up the application will be disabled.
Inquiries & Doubts
For further inquiry in regards to the guidance/information/clarification related to applications, candidature etc. candidates are advised to contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter which is located at ‘C’ gate of the campus in person or just call the following Telephone numbers (011)-23385271/23381125/23098543 on all working days between 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM.
For more and complete details check out the official advertisement that is published in current week’s employment news or check employmentnews.gov.in